Agreement between Working Credit and Participant
1) I understand that Working Credit NFP (“Working Credit”) is a non-profit organization with a mission to help participants become more financially secure by assisting them to build and sustain strong credit scores.
2) I understand that my employer has contracted with Working Credit to provide one-on-one credit-building counseling, lasting 12 months (the “Program”), to employees who sign up for this service.
3) I understand that my decision to participate in the Program is completely voluntary, and that I may withdraw from counseling at any time.
4) I understand that Working Credit will not disclose any personal information about me, including my credit report and/or credit score, to any third party including my employer.
5) I understand that Working Credit may share aggregated and anonymized data with my employer (i.e., information that does not identify me by name or any other personal identifying information) to help my employer understand the impact of Working Credit’s Program on the financial circumstances of its employees.
Consent to Hold Employer Harmless
6) I understand that my employer is not a party to this agreement with Working Credit.
7) I understand that my employer is not obligated in any way to perform any service under the terms of this agreement.
8) I agree to hold my employer harmless from any obligation or any breach of this agreement.
9) I agree not to sue my employer for any breach of this agreement or for any actions taken by Working Credit.
Credit Report Request
10) I authorize Working Credit to pull my credit report and credit score now, and periodically, for a period not to exceed three (3) years beyond the date this agreement is signed.
11) I understand that all credit inquiries by Working Credit constitute “soft inquiries” and will not adversely affect my credit score.
12) I understand that all of my personal information, including my credit report and score, will be held confidential by Working Credit and used only as authorized by me.
13) I understand that if I elect the 12-month Program I will be able to access an unlimited number of financial counseling sessions during the Program, and that I can use those sessions to discuss any credit report and/or credit score pulled on my behalf.
14) I understand that I may withdraw this authorization to pull my credit report and credit score at any time, without penalty, by sending a request by text, email, or letter to my Working Credit counselor or to Kristin Schell, Working Credit’s Director of Programs (see Kristin’s contact information at the end of this agreement).
15) I understand that credit information is sensitive and that there may be inherent risks to accessing such data; I understand that I can contact Kristin Schell, Working Credit’s Director of Programs, to ask questions regarding such risks before signing this agreement (see Kristin’s contact information at the end of this agreement).
No Cost to Employee
16) I understand that Working Credit is providing one-on-one credit building counseling over a 12-month period to me at no cost.
17) I understand that Working Credit does not benefit financially from any step I take, or any financial product I choose to use, to build my credit.
18) I agree that the following materials and information are confidential, trade secret information of Working Credit: (a) materials bearing the designation “CONFIDENTIAL;” (b) Working Credit’s education and counseling materials; (c) materials describing Working Credit’s service model; and, (d) the technical know-how that comprises Working Credit’s business method for counseling participants who enroll in the Program (hereinafter “Confidential Information”).
19) I agree not to publish (including, but not limited to, publication online) or disseminate through any public forum any Confidential Information.
20) I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IMPROVING MY CREDIT SCORE, CREDIT REPORT, AND FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES INVOLVES HIGHLY INDIVIDUALIZED CIRCUMSTANCES THAT ARE OUTSIDE WORKING CREDIT’S CONTROL.
21) I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WORKING CREDIT MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY SUCCESS IN IMPROVING MY CREDIT SCORE, CREDIT REPORT, OR ANY OTHER FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES AS A RESULT OF WORKING CREDIT’S SERVICES FURNISHED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
Any questions about this agreement can be directed to:
Kristin Schell, Chief Program Officer
Working Credit NFP
111 West Washington Street, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60602
firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 252-8342