Agreement Between Working Credit and Participant
1) I understand that Working Credit is a non-profit organization with a mission to help participants become more financially secure by assisting them to build and sustain strong credit scores.
2) I understand that I’ve asked Working Credit to provide one-on-one credit-building counseling, lasting 12 months (the “Program”), to me.
3) I understand that my participation in Working Credit’s Program is completely voluntary, and that I may withdraw from the Program at any time.
4) I understand that Working Credit will keep confidential all information about me obtained through my participation in the Program.
Credit Report Request
5) I authorize Working Credit to pull my credit report and credit score now, and periodically, for a period not to exceed three (3) years beyond the date this agreement is signed.
6) I understand that all credit inquiries by Working Credit constitute “soft inquiries” and will not adversely affect my credit or my credit score.
7) I understand that all of my personal information, including my credit report and score, will be held confidential by Working Credit and used only as authorized by me.
8) I understand that I will be able to access an unlimited number of financial counseling sessions during the 12-month Program, and that I can use those sessions to discuss any credit report and/or credit score pulled on my behalf.
9) I understand that I may withdraw this authorization to pull my credit report and credit score at any time, without penalty, by sending a request by text, email, or letter to my Working Credit counselor or to Kristin Schell, Working Credit’s Chief Program Officer (see Kristin’s contact information at the end of this agreement).
10) I understand that credit information is sensitive and that there may be inherent risks to accessing such data; I understand that I can contact Working Credit’s Chief Program Officer, to ask questions regarding such risks before signing this agreement (see contact information at the end of this agreement).
No Cost to Participant
11) I understand that Working Credit is providing one-on-one credit building counseling and coaching over a 12-month period to me at no cost.
12) I understand that Working Credit does not benefit financially from any step I take, or any financial product I choose to use, to build my credit.
13) I agree that the following materials and information are confidential, trade secret information of Working Credit: (a) materials bearing the designation “CONFIDENTIAL;” (b) Working Credit’s education and counseling materials; (c) materials describing Working Credit’s service model; and, (d) the technical know-how that comprises Working Credit’s business method for counseling participants who enroll in the Program (hereinafter “Confidential Information”).
14) I agree not to publish (including, but not limited to, publication online) or disseminate through any public forum any Confidential Information.
15) I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IMPROVING MY CREDIT SCORE, CREDIT REPORT, AND FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES INVOLVES HIGHLY INDIVIDUALIZED CIRCUMSTANCES THAT ARE OUTSIDE WORKING CREDIT’S CONTROL.
16) I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WORKING CREDIT MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY SUCCESS IN IMPROVING MY CREDIT SCORE, CREDIT REPORT, OR ANY OTHER FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES AS A RESULT OF WORKING CREDIT’S SERVICES FURNISHED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
Any questions about this agreement can be directed to:
Chief Program Officer
111 West Washington Street, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60602
firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 275-0900